I first came across this recipe while browsing for a juicing recipe that contains turmeric (for it’s anti-inflammatory properties), quick, simple to make and palatable. This recipe is just that, quick and easy to make.
Here’s the link to the original article written by Mark Hyman, MD
This week’s recipe comes from Functional Nutritionist Brigid Titgemeier’s blog, Being Brigid. This small shot has mega health benefits, due to the powerful anti- inflammatory nature of turmeric. The recipe also includes black pepper, which helps to increase the active curcuminoid compounds within turmeric and can support healthy stomach acid secretion, which is vital for good digestion. If you’d like to avoid sugar from the coconut water, simply replace it with water and/or some extra lemon juice. Try one of these turmeric shots for a natural pick-me-up, any time of the day. Click here to view PDF version.
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened coconut water (or plain water)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons turmeric, ground
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Pour coconut water into a shaker cup/blender bottle.
- Squeeze the juice from one lemon and add to shaker cup.
- Add turmeric and black pepper.
- Shake it all up and take your shot!
- Store leftovers in shaker bottle in the refrigerator and pour 1-2 shots each day.
Nutritional analysis per serving (unsweetened coconut water)
calories 17 • carbs 4g • fat 0g • protein 0g • sugar 2g